I am super excited to have Marissa Meyer by the blog today for an interview, as part of the Cinder blog tour! Welcome Marissa! Marissa is the author of Cinder, the first book in the four book Lunar Chronicles. You can find Marissa on the web at her website, Goodreads, Facebook, or Twitter.
If the characters from Cinder got stuck on a desert island, who would fare the best? The worst?
Cinder would fare the best—she’s incredibly brave and resourceful, plus she has Internet connectivity in her brain, so depending on how deserted we’re talking, she could potentially send for help. As long as sand didn’t get into her cyborg joints and incapacitate her, that is. I think her stepsisters, Pearl and Peony, would probably fare the worst—they’ve been rather spoiled and aren’t used to taking care of themselves.
And who would get them off the island?
Cinder—she could probably have a raft built before everyone else realized what was going on!
If you were a Disney Princess, which would you choose?
Jasmine. I’ve always wanted an exotic pet like Raja.
If you could travel back in time for one day, where would you go?
I’d love to go back to Elizabethan England to see a Shakespeare play. One day would be just the right amount of time before I was ready to come home and take a shower!
Do you have a favorite place to write?
At home I’m usually writing either in bed or my office, but I also like to go to my local café or a favorite restaurant, particularly on those days when it’s a struggle to concentrate.
Can you share 5 random facts about yourself?
1) My karaoke song of choice is “All That Jazz” from the Chicago soundtrack. (Don’t be fooled, I’m still a terrible singer.)
2) The country I’d most like to travel to is Germany, so I can see the Grimm Brothers Fairy Tale Road and Neuschwanstein Castle.
3) I once almost died from taking penicillin—turns out I’m allergic.
4) I was the founder and president of the Anime Club in college.
5) I come from a family of costumers. My favorite that I’ve ever worn was Princess Zelda, from the Zelda video games, and I’d love to someday do Cinderella or Glinda the Good Witch.
Thanks for stopping by Marissa! Make sure to check out my review of Cinder, which I super loved! And check out the rest of the tour – the schedule is here.
I also have a super cool giveaway – A copy of Cinder AND a cool Cinder mirror! This is open to US/Canada only and ends January 31.