I am quite stoked to be a part of the tour for The Theory of Everything by Kari Luna – it sounds absolutely fantastic.
Sophie Sophia is obsessed with music from the late eighties. She also has an eccentric physicist father who sometimes vanishes for days and sees things other people don’t see. But when he disappears for good and Sophie’s mom moves them from Brooklyn, New York, to Havencrest, Illinois, for a fresh start, things take a turn for the weird. Sophie starts seeing things, like marching band pandas, just like her dad.
Guided by Walt, her shaman panda, and her new (human) friend named Finny, Sophie is determined to find her father and figure out her visions, once and for all. So she travels back to where it began—New York City and NYU’s physics department. As she discovers more about her dad’s research on M-theory and her father himself, Sophie opens her eyes to the world’s infinite possibilities—and her heart to love.
Perfect for fans of Going Bovine, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and The Probability of Miracles.
In The Theory of Everything, Sophie Sophia makes lists. Survival lists, specifically, about everything from fighting with her mom to dealing with her friends, one of whom is a panda. A shaman panda! So she made this list, exclusively for The Book Cellar, to share with us the etiquette of having coffee with a panda. May this help you during all of your shaman panda outings! *giggle*
How To Have A Coffee Date with your Shaman Panda
by Sophie Sophia
1. Order him a green tea. Pandas don’t like coffee, and it’s the closest thing to bamboo juice.
2. Instagram it! Oh, wait. You’re the only one who can see him.
3. Bring a journal and a stack of books. That way, when he cracks you up – and he will – it will look like you’re laughing at something else.
4. Pause. Savor. You’re having coffee. WITH YOUR SHAMAN PANDA.
5. Sit back, relax, and let him do most of the talking. Shaman pandas have a lot to say! Besides, it looks less suspicious.
6. Prepare for the Zen. Shaman pandas love to lay down the wisdom. And even though it may sound like a Yogi Tea fortune, take a breath. Let it sink in. You’d be amazed at the wonderful things you can learn from something no one else sees.
Now, there is a super fun giveaway to go along with the tour as well –
If you could spend one day with a shaman panda, what would you do?
Tell us in the comments and be entered to win this super cute TTOE Poster and Button Pack!
The tour was so fun, we added one more stop! So join us Tuesday, July 23rd, at Amaterasu Reads to learn how to get over a crush, pronto.
Kari Luna is a teen novelist and whimsicologist. Her YA debut, The Theory of Everything, combines string theory, 80’s mixtapes and shaman pandas in one book without making you dizzy! Almost. Watch the awesome video here: http://bit.ly/14wQdlp. And find Kari, here: www.kariluna.com tweet: @wordette blog: blog.kariluna.com